Just as a point of information, the State Wildlife Area Steve Mlodinow is
referring to,
along the South Platte River in Weld County, has the formal name of:
"Centennial *Valley* SWA".  At times it is referred to by its nickname,
"Centennial SWA".

The State Wildlife Area with a similar name, "Centennial SWA"
is on the north side of Blue Mesa Reservoir, in Gunnison County.

Neither is an ebird hotspot, but they soon will be.

Joe Roller, Denver