> OK, I don't undertand what command you are doing to get the problem,

Did we achieve a better common understanding in the meantime?

> so I can't reproduce it, so I can't determine whether it is a real issue.

* Are you really keen to achieve this also in your own test environments?

* How much does my build difficulty fit into your development attention
  and software change capacity?

> The OCaml makefile specifies an order in which the files should be
> compiled in the project.  If you are sidestepping that ordering, then you
> are not doing things in the intended manner.

I am just curious to fix the dependency checking (without unexpected
side effects) for build prerequisites somehow in the involved software
components.

Regards,
Markus