I forgot the name of it, but there is a kext that allows you to change your MAC address. For software licensing this could be a issue since a pirate could change their MAC address, albeit not of every machine on their network. It is much more difficult (but possible) to change your systems serial number with out a logic board replacement. If you use the MAC address and the user has their logic board replaced it would invalidate their license.