I don't know. I just wanted to be sure I was understanding it correctly, and not missing some yummy cocoa goodness that meant I didn't need to inherit from it. Would you agree that doing it this way is about as complex as just writing a custom controller in the first place? Or do the NS*Controller classes provide some other cool features that would be difficult for my mere mortal development skills to implement?