But that still leaves the question unresolved. How do you add an object into a dictionary via NSDictionaryController?

I have a NSCollectionView bound to a NSArrayController and am able to add things to its content array via addObject. Works great, the object immediately shows up in the collection view.

As NSDictionaryController provides arrangedObject also, I thought that it would be good to switch as having access to my object by key would be a great time saver, but for the life of me I cannot fathom how to add a key/value to the underlying dictionary via NSDictionaryController.

Anyone know how to do it?

Guy Umbright