On Apr 10, 2008, at 10:00, Torsten Curdt wrote:
Is you outlet actually connected in IB? If it is properly connected,
it
shouldn't be nil.

Yeah ...that's connected. Which is why I am so surprised it's nil.

Well, AFAIK it's not possible for an outlet to be nil, as long as the object
with the outlet is instantiated in the nib or is the file's owner.
Otherwise, the outlet will never be set.

Have you put an NSLog in the object's awakeFromNib to make sure your object
is involved in the nib and the outlet is being set?

Here is a small screenshot of the bindings

http://vafer.org/pub/bindings.png

As the button binding is working so should the NSTextField binding ...one would think. But just to verify I've also added the awakeFromNib. As expected it also gets called.

Is there a way to get more information on the NIB startup?

I did get to the correct Core Data value via representedObject

- (IBAction) applyFilter:(id)sender
{
    NSString *expression = [[self representedObject] Expression];

...but that still doesn't really help with the normal bindings :-(

cheers
--
Torsten