>  * Because the user then has to unmount the disk image after copying the
> app; and because way too many naive users don't understand what a "disk
> image" is, and run the app right from the DMG, which works fine until the
> next time they reboot or log in ... and then suddenly "OMG all the apps I
> downloaded are gone!!" I've known people to keep re-downloading apps over
> and over because of this.

  That's a debate that's probably more appropriate for another list,
but it's the first thing I thought of. I already use another tool that
automates this process (FileStorm) but I've been on the fence for
awhile about the use of disk images because of the regular user
support problems it sets up.

  I say that only to impart anecdotal goodness: I've been accused of
deleting someone's application after they rebooted as an underhanded
tactic. They apologized (albeit bitterly) when they realized they
didn't follow the installation instructions and the application's disk
image had simply been unmounted upon reboot. Because of course my goal
is to screw the users for no apparent reason, giving them fuel for
their blogs ...

  Anyway, Seth: this looks like a well-polished utility from the
screenshots alone. Congrats and thanks! I'll download it and give it a
closer look when I have more time.

--
I.S.