On May 6, 2008, at 3:50 PM, Ricky Sharp wrote:
For another feature of the app (which also generates PDF), I changed the workflow to first run an NSSavePanel to let the user specify file name and location. I then generate the PDF at that location and launch Preview to open it. I'm not sure if this workflow works for you though since you probably want more of a "throw away" preview.

I allow the user to save the image to a file, which they can then open in Preview. I was just hoping to avoid the extra steps of saving the file to disk, opening the file with Preview, and then maybe saving the file in another format. If the file was first displayed in Preview, then the user can either 1) close the Preview window, or 2) save it to disk in the format they want.

Thanks,