On May 7, 2008, at 8:14 AM, Ken Thomases wrote:

On May 6, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Kimo wrote:

My app produces a list of images (NSData format), and I'd like the app Preview to display the image when the user double-clicks on an image in my app.

Currently I use NSPerformService as shown below, which works, but Preview always asks to save the file when you close its window. I've seen other apps where you double-click an image and Preview opens a window with a title something like "Preview of ...." and it doesn't try to save the image when you close the window.

That sounds like what you get when you ask for a print preview. Maybe those apps are simulating a print preview request. With those other apps, does the Preview window have the Cancel and Print buttons on the bottom?

-Ken

I'm embarrassed to say that you're correct. What I remembered was a print preview, and it bypassed the regular print window and Preview button. Instead the image went directly to the preview with the Cancel and Print buttons at the bottom. I just figured out how to do that using NSPrintInfo and its method setShowPanels:NO. Thank you for your help.

-K