Thanks for the pointers to the documentation. This is sample snippet from
the documentation.

@implementation MyClass

+ (void)initialize

{

    if ( self == [MyClass class] ) {

        /* put initialization code here */

If I'm not wrong "self" equivalent of "this" which points to an instance
var. And it is initialized in - init (instance)method. And if it fails to
initialize, it's nil. So does "self" even exist when + initialize is called.
Cuz as per documentation it is the first method called for a Class, before
+alloc and -init methods are called.

Or the comparison condition in above example is not valid.
Thanks in advance.