On May 23, 2008, at 2:23 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:

1. For me the documentation would be very hard to use without the excellent AppKiDo.

2. It really should be Apple's job to provide something like AppKiDo.

There is new browsing facilities in Xcode 3.0. Research Assistant, and the class browser.. I believe those are intended to provide something in that direction...

3. What I really want:
        NextStep's Digital Librarian

May I ask at this point why? Given the current integration of search and viewing in various apps I'm not sure how DL would really fit with the modern system.

There are various third party apps that allow you to collect and index PDFs as well.. that would give you DL functionality almost completely.