Hi,

My NSDocument based app loads (imports) PDF files into its documents. After a PDF file has been loaded, and the document window it was loaded into has been closed, the original cannot be deleted when emptying the trash, because the finder thinks it is still in use. It is necessary to exit the app completely to be able to delete the file from the trash. I'm not aware that any special cleanup should be performed when the document window is closed. Is there something I am overlooking, or something I can do to ensure the system does not try to hang on to the original PDF file once the NSDocument into which it was loaded is closed?

António