Hi,

I am starting to work with Core Animation. I have tried to subclass CALayer but I am having problems because for some reason the drawInContext method never gets called, even though I invoke setNeedsDisplay on the layer.

What is weird though is that if I override the display method I can see that it gets called properly. My understanding is that the default implementation of the display method invokes drawInContext. So, my question is, what could I be doing wrong that could explain this behaviour?

This is probably a pretty basic question but I haven't been able to find any complete examples on how to properly subclass NSLayer. Everyone seems to believe that it is either unnecessary or complex.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Huibert Aalbers