On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Gordon Apple <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I guess I don't know hw to use that.  The particular situation was a nib
> that is document related, but loaded and opened later by menu.

Ah, okay. But the solution is essentially the same: set up the
observers when you're sure the whole nib has loaded, rather than in
each controller's awakeFromNib. For the main nib, you can use
applicationWillFinishLaunching. For your own nib, you can just set
them up after you've called loadNibNamed:owner:.

Or you could just set up the dependencies as per Keith Duncan's
suggestion. Much cleaner!

Hamish