On Jun 6, 2008, at 1:01 AM, David Troy wrote:
Depending on what you're doing you could try using Ruby Cocoa.

In theory this should give you access to all of Ruby's internal regexp support, combined with the GUI goodness of Cocoa. However, this has limitations of its own, such as distribution audience, speed, etc.

As big of a fan as I am of both RubyCocoa and PyObjC, I would never recommend either of them for use by someone relatively new to Cocoa (of which it sounds like the OP might be).

Even with the awesome quality of the bridges -- and RubyCocoa / PyObjC are not the only ones -- there is still too much of an impedance mismatch between the two running environments for it to be considered easy to use. A far more productive approach is to reduce the number of variables by gaining confidence / competence in pure Objective-C based Cocoa, then adding whatever scripting language you are familiar with into the mix after.

b.bum