What I found so useful about Cocoa-Java was that it was the perfect tool for easily writing Cocoa Apps that made heavy use of technologies that Apple was too short-sighted to add, largely because Java came out- of-the-box with so many useful classes for basic stuff like regular expressions. And its integration with the rest of the environment made it far less painful than the other language bindings. Back in the Jaguar-era when I had to write applications that made heavy use of XML and regular expressions, Cocoa-Java saved the day--no 3rd-party nonsense required.

Those were the days...

-- Ilan