> On Jul 8, 2015, at 7:00 AM, Willeke <willeke2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> @implementation MyTextField
>>
>> - (void)mouseDown:(NSEvent *)event
>> {
>>   NSText *editor = self.currentEditor;
>>   assert(editor && "Current editor is nil!");
>>   assert(editor.isFieldEditor && "Editor not a field editor!");
>>   NSRange range = NSMakeRange(0, editor.string.length);
>>   [editor setSelectedRange:range];
>>
>>   [super mouseDown:event];
>> }
>>
>> @end
>
> You're almost there, do  [super mouseDown:event] first.

That works! Thank you so much for your help.

I have another question regarding focus ring animation for a text field. This
is a document based application. In the document window there are many text
fields. After opening a document window - the first time a text field is
clicked there is no focus ring animation. Thereafter when any text field is
clicked in the window the focus ring will animate.

Do you have any insight as to why the animation does not occur the first time a
text field is clicked?

--Richard Charles