> If anyone wants to take a look at the whole project, I've put a zip file at
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/relxku0iw44o237/TestUILabelLeak.zip

ok I downloaded it and it’s running on my iPhone right now, and instruments is
up and it’s not leaking and it’s not growing. Reducing the timer interval to
0.01 the number of persistent objects cycles around a few values as instruments
samples it at different times, but it’s not increasing.

Even though profiling on the simulator is a pointless exercise (because you get
all the simulator leaks appearing against your own code) I’m doing that too and
that one’s not growing nor leaking either.

It is making the fans on my macbook spin up however and the phone’s warm to the
touch so it’s certainly working hard.

Do you have this problem on an actual device or just in the simulator? I’m on a
later iOS than you, perhaps that makes a difference