On 31 Oct 2015, at 10:58 PM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:

> So:
>
>    continue init()
>
> Calls the Superclass?

Yes.

> How would I do this:
>
> -(void) initWithParam:(NSString*) theParam
> {
> self = [self initWithParam:theParam andAnotherParam:nil];
> if (self == nil)
>       return;
>
> //  Do something
>
> return self;
> }

Probably:

        on initWithParam:theParam
                continue initWithParam:theParam andAnotherParam:(missing value)

                -- Add your subclass-specific initialization here.
                -- If an error occurs here, return missing value.

                return me
        end init

But the differing inits smells a bit to me -- especially as it's unnecessary.

> Thanks a lot, if you could point me to some documentation on this

There is none to speak of.

--
Shane Stanley <sstan...@myriad-com.com.au>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>