I work at Trainline on their iOS app. We had some customer feedback recently
and unfortunately someone booked a ticket for the wrong date because we botched
our voiceover support!
Safe to say our app as it stands is using accessibility solely for UI Testing
purposes and any voiceover functionality is purely coincidence.

I've been adding voiceover support and my question is, to what level do you
suggest I go with it. By which I mean, we have a lot of data on screen,
departure times, departure station name, a label showing the duration of travel
in an abbreviated format etc etc.

These labels could all be on say a single table view cell.

I just added support for the following: "2h 25m, direct" to read out "2 hours
and 25 minutes. Direct train."

And then I began work on the departure/arrival time. Then it hit me, I don't
really know what I'm going for. It currently reads out something like "10:20.
London. 14:36. Manchester", but having added a nicer support in the previous
duration example, I'm tempted to have voiceover read something like "Departing
10:20 from London. Arriving 14:36 at Manchester"

Of course there's no limit on what you could do with this, but I wanted your
thoughts on how far is too far. I want to make sure they get all the info, but
is being too chatty a bad thing?

Would love your feedback.

Daniel

Sent from my iPad