PROBLEM 1:

Is there anything new/tricky about the UISearchBar? I have placed one in my
view, and dragged an IBOutlet to the companion source file. The result is an
@IBOutlet weak var searchBar: UISearchBar!

I added UISearchBarDelegate to my ViewController and implemented one method:
func searchBar(_ searchBar: UISearchBar, textDidChange searchText: String)

My app works beautifully if I do NOT set searchBar.delegate = self in
viewDidLoad(). But if I try to set that delegate to make search work, my app
crashes on launch with an unhandled exception saying that an unrecognized
selector was called.

UISearchDelegate’s methods are all marked “optional," I think, but I’m
wondering if in the latest version of iOS, one or more of them isn’t really
optional anymore…?

PROBLEM 2:

I made a change to my launch image graphic and dragged the new version into the
assets. The new image shows up there and in my LauchImage UI view, but there
seems to be nothing I can do to get it onto a device!

I performed these steps:
Cleaned my project
Cleaned my project build directory
Quit Xcode
Rebooted my computer
Deleted the test app from my device—at this point, the old launch screen should
not exist ANYWHERE
Restarted Xcode
Reconnected my device
Started a debug session, which should have rebuilt and reinstalled a fresh,
clean copy onto the device
But somehow the old launch screen appears every time. Clearly there is a cache
somewhere that is not cleaned out with the project or its build directory.

What’s the secret to really getting rid of Xcode’s memory of an old launch
image?

--

Charles