I did. This is at least the second bug about this I've reported.

Basically, every few years I end up having to do this, and work around the
problem one way or another. I usually write a bug report when I do.

It seems Apple has improved things slightly (e.g., you can actually still build
cells in Storyboard if you drop in a UICollectionView), but they're still
broken (e.g. those cells seem to be inaccessible to the view controller).

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com