> On 8 Apr 2016, at 5:36 AM, Nivek Research <nivek.resea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a number of NSMatrix instances that group radio buttons. Most bind the
> selectedIndex or selectedTag bindings available on NSMatrix to a numeric
> value in a model object. The others bind the contentObjects and
> selectedObject binding available on NSMatrix. As NSMatrix is informally
> deprecated in OS X 10.8 and later does anyone know a way to bind multiple
> NSRadioButtons to a single numeric value as was once done with selectedIndex
> or selectedTag such that the selected radio button follows the numeric value?
> Similarly does anyone have a way to bind multiple buttons to a single object
> value like NSMatrix’s selectedObject was used previously? Ideally any
> solution should be backwards compatible to OS X 10.6 as I still need to
> support that release. I have searched the internet though I have not seen a
> solution that will work without major changes to my model code. Not that I am
> not willing to make the changes. I just wonder if anyone has been enlightened
> with a cooler solution.

If you have a bunch of “naked” radio buttons, all having the same target and
selector (but presumably different tags, so you can distinguish them), they
will automatically act as a group. This behaviour came in at some point in the
mid OS X era, say 10.5/10.6, so isn’t universal, but it’s less bother than
messing about with NSMatrix. If you need to set one programatically, just keep
outlets to the individual buttons.

—Graham