Another thing I do is add FOUNDATION_EXPORT before my constants in headers,
which will give you the right stuff whether C or C++; C++ name mangling is a
common reason for odd link errors if you include a header in a
C++/Objective-C++ source file.

I'm sure you can find examples of this in open source, and Apple's own open
source has these, too. If something isn't working, you're better off showing
concrete examples from here on out.
--
Gary L. Wade (Sent from my iPhone)
http://www.garywade.com/