On Apr 19, 2016, at 12:14 , Ben Kennedy <b...@zygoat.ca> wrote:

> While a trivial detail, this does not seem to be true (at least in Xcode
> 7.2). We have a prefix header called "Kashoo_Prefix.pch", and if I hit
> cmd-shift-O and type that string, I get a pile of results: first the source
> prefix file, then about a dozen other non-text files named
> "Kashoo_Prefix.pch.pch" that exist within various subdirectories of the build
> folder.

Ah, yes, I see that too. However, I don’t think these are the precompiled files
— mine is only 173KB, which seems awfully small for all of Cocoa plus other
stuff — but perhaps they’re references (bookmarks? aliases?) to the precompiled
files. I suspect that the implementation details are different now because of
the use of modules, which overlap and/or replace the old precompilation
behavior.

So, I stand corrected. I should have just said that the prefix file
conventionally has a .pch extension (for historical reasons, indicating its
relationship to a possible precompiled header file), and left it at that.