> On Apr 25, 2016, at 6:48 AM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:
>
> I can’t believe its this hard to set wrapping or not and I can’t find real
> info on this from searching either.

For your purposes, the key point is that NSTextStorage is a subclass of
NSMutableAttributedString, which is in turn a subclass of NSAttributedString.
You should be looking at methods like NSMutableAttributedString's
-setAttributes:range:. Basically, you start by creating a dictionary of
formatting attributes, then you provide it to -setAttributes:range: with the
range of characters to which you want those attributes applied. That's why
they're called "attributed" strings -- they are strings with formatting
attributes.

Look at the introduction to the NSAttributedString technical reference
document, the NSAttributedString AppKit Additions reference document, Text
Attribute Programming Topics, and the Attributed String Programming Guide. The
"Paragraph Attributes" section of the Text Attribute Programming Topics is
especially pertinent to your question, including its cross reference to the
much more detailed Ruler and Paragraph Style Programming Topics.

--

Bill Cheeseman - wjcheese...@comcast.net