Hi Bill,

I’m familiar with NSAttributedString and friends. I had thought that there was
a higher level interface to it as it seems like a common thing to want to do.

Basically my ScrollView is just a scrolling line log similar to XCode’s NSLog
window. I’m just appending an NSString to the Document View like this:

myTextView = [self documentView];
[[[myTextView textStorage] mutableString] appendString:theString];

Should I convert “theString” to a NSAttributedString and then set the
attributes of this string, or set the attributes of  [[[myTextView textStorage]
mutableString] ? The reason I ask is because the TextView can get large and I’m
not sure if setting the attributes each time would slow things down?

Thanks a lot,
All the Best
Dave