> On 4 May 2016, at 09:18, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> but at that point it gave an error that the installer could not be verified
> and ‘may’ be corrupt.

Yeah, I’ve been through this. I now have disks with every OS from 10.6 through
to 10.11 and a couple of old MBPs to run them on. Treat them like gold dust.
You may well hit that “could not be verified” message again - I know I did,
with every single install.

Eventually, I chanced upon the idea that the checksum was out because of a time
difference. I don’t know if that was true or if it even makes sense as a
theory, but after temporarily changing my timezone to Cupertino time I was able
to get past the roadblock and install.

Best

Phil