On May 3, 2016, at 20:28 , Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Going for VMWare, does Fusion do the job, or do I need Fusion Pro?

Just Fusion. “Pro” has enterprise features you don’t need, unless you’re
running a coding slave farm up there in the tropics.

> Within the installer app, there is an embedded .dmg called InstallESD. This
> seems to be the bulk of the installer. I take it that’s the *REAL* install
> image. Can I install directly from that, and if so, how?

That’s part of what I tried to say before. IIRC, you can mount this, which’ll
get your hopes up, but you can’t run the installer app that’s in it.

However, if you’re going to use Fusion, again IIRC, you’ll need the store
installer app on your disc to point it to.

But I won’t swear my memory is correct on these points.