Glad you got it to work.  I have seen the installer 'could not be verified'
before.  The only time I saw that was after using command line copy (cp) to
copy the installer app.  But except for that one experience, using
createmediainstaller has worked well.  I also copy the installer to someplace
outside /Applications like Phil (sqwarqDev) suggested before letting it run.
Basically the installer app that I archive is a pristine, never been run,
download.  And then I make USB sticks directly off of those archived apps.

Sandor