I have an app (written in Swift) that’s nearly ready to submit to the app
store. I just need to get better background music. But it seems that every
few weeks, it stops launching on my iPhone. It seems whenever I want to
show it off, it won’t start. It dies after the launch screen appears.

Then when I go back home and hook up my phone to my computer and use Xcode
to debug and launch to see what happens, the app launches without incident
and works fine. Then it will run normally for some weeks, despite reboots
and other events that would cause it to relaunch.

So I see two possibilities:

1. Debug versions expire, iOS will not let you keep using them for months
or years, and there is no problem.

2. I have a serious bug that will make users mad, so I need to find out
what is happening despite the fact that it NEVER happens when I have Xcode
hooked up and could get a crash report.

Can anyone tell me how to pursue this? What do you do if a debug version of
an app only ever crashes when you are not running in the debugger?

--

Charles