On 23.08.2016 at 17:45 Scott Ribe wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2016, at 8:52 AM, Andreas Falkenhahn <andr...@falkenhahn.com>
> wrote:

>> I really can't use NSApplicationMain() because AFAICS it also expects
>> to load a NIB file from the app bundle

> The nib to load at startup is specified in the plist, I bet if you
> leave that entry out, it won't try...

If this isn't documented anywhere, it's still the same old guesswork game
and there is no guarantee that such a set up won't fail spectacularly
in future versions (or older versions)...

Apple really should be much more verbose as to what alternative options
there are for people who need more fine-tuned control over application
setup and main loop, then the command line fetishists could finally do
it right ;-)

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com