I’m using a bunch of layers to draw images to, compose them, and then draw into
a viewRect
with

        CGContextDrawLayerInRect( viewContext, viewRect, myLayer);

Of course, I’m trying to pick the most reasonable size for my layers. I
currently use 1024x1024
but could easily make them 512x512 or 768x768.

So my question is, “Is is more efficient to draw the layer into a smaller
viewRect (down-sample)
or into a larger ViewRect (up-sample)?”

Or does it even matter?

I have an internal goal of using less than 1% of the CPU for my 1 second image
drawing so it is
actually quite important for me to know.

TIA

Jeff Szuhay
a.k.a tickt...@quartertil2.com <mailto:t...@quartertil2.com>