Hi,

I am not sure whether this is relevant for your problem, but it might be useful to know that the content view of a scroll view gets a CATiledLayer instead of a normal CALayer via [setWantsLayer:YES].

The reasoning is that the content view can be potentially large and easily exceed the max size of OpenGL textures. Besides being tiled, CATiledLayer updates its contents lazily and in some background thread, if I remember correctly. In any case, it is different.

Best
Kai