Sandor, just to let you know, all I did was go into the Date & Time System
Preference, and do the following:
Set the Time options to
        - Use a 24 hour clock
        - Open ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.menuextra.clock.plist
        - Copy and paste the contents into the email.

Set the Time options to
        - Uncheck Use a 24 hour clock
        - Check Show AM/PM
        - Open ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.menuextra.clock.plist
        - Copy and paste the contents into the email.

Set the Time options to
        - Uncheck Use a 24 hour clock
        - Uncheck Show AM/PM
        - Open ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.menuextra.clock.plist
        - Copy and paste the contents into the email.

So, all I did was give you the results that are stored within that file after I
made those changes.  It’s up to you to do whatever you want with the data I
sent you.  Those are the values that Apple stores.  It’s up to you to do
anything with that data if you want to.  I just wanted to point out to you that
it exists.

Now, I did look at the NSLocale to see it I could get something for you but
work called.  If you still are looking for a solution in a while, I will be
happy to see if I learn something making a category off of NSLocale to spit out
its guts.

Happy to be of help, Sandor.  Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Alex Zavatone