On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 11:26:48 -0500, Sandor Szatmari said:

>What I was asking for clarity on is the fact that there is no way to
>detect that the user prefers 24 hr time display if they only choose
>method 1, the Date & Time checkbox.  Should I allow my users to set 12
>hr time but override it to 24 hr time if the Language & Region checkbox
>is checked?  This doesn't feel right.  I feel like Apple left room for
>ambiguity in their design here.

If I were you I would just forget about the setting for the menu bar clock.  I
agree it's weird that it even exists (file a bug) but it's clearly meant only
for the menu bar clock.  Just use NSDateFormatter and add some UI in your app
showing the user the proper place to set her preferred date/time format options.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com