> On Feb 8, 2017, at 17:41 , Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 8, 2017, at 17:17 , Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>>
>> it's the Managed Object Context that's bound to
>> "self.representedObject.managedObjectContext".
>
> “self.” is unnecessary. AFAIK it’s just voodoo arising from attempts to work
> around some bug or confusion several years ago.
>
> The other two keys you have control of. You can override the default property
> getters to “watch” what happens when the binding is resolved/referenced. My
> guess is that it’s not a bindings problem, exactly, but something
> misplaced/misconfigured/overlooked, and you need to look in a different place
> for what’s going on. But I’m just guessing.

I haven't figured out how to override the getter in Swift without also
providing backing. There's no willGet{} in Swift.

In my other app, that works, I set the representedObject in a subclass of
NSWindowController when NSWindowController's document is set. I could try this,
but I feel like that shouldn't be necessary.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com