On Feb 16, 2017, at 11:32 , David Catmull <davidcatm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am explicitly calling encodeRestorableState (in windowWillClose) and
> restoreStateWithCoder (in windowDidLoad).

You can’t. These methods — assuming you’re talking about overrides in (say) the
window controller — are called by the state restoration system when it wants
to. They’re there for you to override, not to call.

If you do indeed call them, then they’re being called twice, at different
times, which certainly sounds like it’s going to lead to problems.