> On 14 Aug 2018, at 04:08, Richard Charles <rcharles...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> It has been reported that Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Lightroom are coming
> to the new Mac App Store. Those apps surely are not single time payment apps.
> So does this mean that the new Mac App Store will allow for upgrade payments
> or recurring payments? Perhaps Apple, Microsoft and Adobe know the answer to
> that question but are not telling anyone.

I’m 99% sure both those apps will be monthly subscriptions, just as Lightroom
is on iOS (you can subscribe to the mobile app through the iOS app store or get
an Adobe subscription for their creative cloud apps and that unlocks mobile).
Adobe moved to a monthly payment model a while ago and Microsoft has been
pushing that as much as they can too. So I don’t think the upgrade issue is
going to be relevant in either of those cases.