> Perhaps you could put both apps in an app group, so they get access to the
> same sandbox container?

Ah yes, I had forgotten about app groups. Thanks Saagar! That’s probably the
very best solution. In fact, my app already belongs to a group via the
entitlements key "com.apple.security.application-groups", which I initially
configured ages ago but never used.

So, it looks like the old version of the app will need to be updated to write
pertinent settings to the shared group container returned by
containerURLForSecurityApplicationGroupIdentifier. Once the data is in place
the new app version can autodetect this and import the data as needed.

Many thanks!

~Martin Wierschin