Alistair,

> On Sep 18, 2018, at 13:25, Alastair Houghton <alast...@alastairs-place.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 18 Sep 2018, at 16:48, Sandor Szatmari <admin.szatmari....@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Alistair!
>>
>> Anyone else have additional info?
>
> Well, Cocoa has Distributed Objects, which you could use for this purpose.
> DO has some interesting behaviour

Yes, we have several DO apps.  We’ve used DO for 10+ years for LAN based peer
to peer solution on in house apps.  I am looking to implement some new
functionality and wanted to stay away from deprecated technology if I can.  So,
I was looking at newer solutions so as to not reinvent the wheel.  So it
appears that XPC is only like interprocess DO, and is unable to do
inter-machine RPC.  Ok, thanks!  And quite a nice breakdown of the RPC bone
yard.  Hearing CORBA takes me back down memory lane.  :)

Thanks again for your time and thoughts!

Sandor