> On May 14, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Vojtěch Meluzín <meldaproduct...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hey folks, that's to you all. It's all the missing 32-bit support now...
> Need to revert to XCode 9, forever... The audio community just needs and
> will need 32-bit support, no matter what Apple thinks.

Well, I’m in the audio community*, and I don’t need 32-bit support. Why is it
necessary, except for supporting very old computers (Apple hasn’t shipped a
32-bit CPU since 2006**) or supporting badly-written source code that doesn’t
work in 64-bit?

—Jens

* I own Ableton, Logic, a bunch of hardware synths, and a rack of Eurorack
modules.
** According to
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/99640/how-old-are-macs-that-cannot-run-64-bit-applications

<https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/99640/how-old-are-macs-that-cannot-run-64-bit-applications>
 , a thread from 2015 that states "you can very confidently forget about 32bit
if you're developing an application”.