Actually, the screw ups are on those software developers who write their code
based upon SDK behavior, not documentation. Yes, Apple sometimes makes
mistakes, but more often the "mistake" is that Apple fixed a bug (isn't that
what an "unintended side-effect" is?) that a software developer depended upon
to "save time" or "do something clever."

There's a lot of software out there that still work fine on the Mac, even
though they were written almost 10 years ago -- and there's also software where
the code was written over 10 years ago, and "just compile and work" on the
latest Mac SDKs.

I get that you don't want to switch captains in the middle of a voyage (e.g.
change the system that you're familiar with in the middle of a recording
session), but at the same time, burying your figurative head in the sand and
blaming your platform vendor for your own problems isn't a good way to make
progress.

--
Glenn L. Austin, Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver         <><
<http://www.austinsoft.com>