On Jun 25, 2008, at 1:19 AM, Tran Kim Bach wrote:

Hi folks,I'm a newbie to Cocoa.
Recently, I'm working on a project relating to Resource Management.
In my project, there's a part that I'm reading through the resources in a
resource file.
I'm using:
int count = CountResources( typeName );
to get all resource that has the type "typeName", then loop through this
resource list to take resource data out.

for (n = 1; n <= count; n++)
{
  Handle dataHandle = Get1IndResource( type1, n);
  NSData *data = [NSData dataWithBytes: *dataHandle length:
GetResourceSizeOnDisk(dataHandle)];  // I GOT AN ERROR HERE

What do you mean "GOT AN ERROR"?  What error?  How did it manifest?

  //using data
  struct A_STRUCT aStruct;

  memcpy(& aStruct,[data bytes], [data length]);
}
After several times looping through the list, I got an error in the line
above.
But if I use data directly, like the following code, there is no error
occurred.
 memcpy(&pgControlRes,*dataHandle, GetResourceSizeOnDisk(dataHandle));
Any suggestions for my problem.
I highly appreciate all your helps.

You don't show if you're:

1) Checking if dataHandle is NULL
2) Checking if *dataHandle is NULL
3) If (1) or (2), checking ResError()
4) Disposing of dataHandle with ReleaseResource()

Also, in the pseudo-code you provide, the NSData objects will accumulate in the autorelease pool until some point after your "for" loop. You can try using an autorelease pool inside the loop so that the NSData objects are released after each iteration. You may just be exhausting memory. For the case where you're not using NSData, the memory exhaustion might not happen since you're not storing the data twice in memory (once in the handle, once in the NSData), but would if there were twice as many resources.

Cheers,
Ken