That is a cool discovery!  It would be a game-changer for us, assuming
Apple also committed to long-term support for Cocoa and Objective-C. Life
would be so much sweeter if we only had to write apps once for all PCs. I'd
prefer to do it on Xcode rather than Visual Studio.

In 2001 we contracted the Windows port with subs who short-cutted by using
QuickTime DLLs to run Mac system calls.  It still required about 50% MFC,
and years of user hand-holding for installs.  VectorWorks did the same
thing.  Users who ran both apps simultaneously saw painfully slow screen
refreshes. However, Apple-kosher would presumably avoid all that.

Casey McDermott
TurtleSoft.com