> On Nov 13, 2019, at 2:43 PM, Gabriel Zachmann via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>

>> be a good time for a SwiftUI pivot. If true, Cocoa is the new Carbon.
>>

> I think, eventually, maybe in 5 years' time, that will be the case.
> This is really just a guess, I have no insights into Apple's roadmap.

Back before Steve brought Phil back to Apple, we worked together at Macromedia.
Phil mentioned to me in about 1996, 1997 back at Macromedia that it was the
goal for Apple to turn computers into the equivalent o kitchen appliances.  You
won’t upgrade your computer, you will just buy a new appliance.

We’re still on the pathway there.

It’s better for Apple as a company, but personally, I’d rather be able to
upgrade my devices.

Cheers,
Alex Zavatone