> At any rate, it's good to plan ahead and use a different logging mechanism,
> one without all the complications and unknowns of the system log.

Yes, I agree.

I was thinking of implementing a way such that users can just click on kind of
a "Send Log" button, and my app would filter out all the log info from, err
..., the system log
and send it as an attachment with an email to me.

Would there be an easy / fail-safe way to filter out all the lines in the
system log that pertain to my app?

Best regards, Gabriel