> Gabe, let me share the decisions and solutions I went over in my attempting
> to solve this on iOS.

Thanks a lot!

(BTW: I am working on macOS.)

> In my first logging, all that I wanted was to be able to get the NSLogs out
> of a file that ONLY had the logs from my app.  I sent you the code for that.

Thanks , that is pretty much what I would like to get, too.

> A concern was that “the file could get too big.”  So, I arbitrarily limited
> each file to 10,000 lines of text when writing to them, trimming the oldest
> line if the file length was > 10,000 lines.

Would there be an easy way to do this?

(Of course, I could count the lines already there at the beginning of the app,
then, when the max limit is reached, read in the whole file, truncate it, write
it back.  Or keep everything in memory until the end of the app, then write it.)

> Securlty.  Would the files need to be encrypted?  To get around this, I just
> made sure not to log any PII and used a lookup to get any special info.

Yes, I was thinking about this, too.

Best regards, Gabriel