I used to manage different NSUserDefaults in my app depending on which monitor
it runs.
So, I create filenames of the user defaults like this:
  NSString * defaults_name = [ NSString stringWithFormat:@"de.zach.MyApp.%@",
displayname ];

Then I used to create the NSUserDefaults object with an unusual approach,
but that does not seem to work any more.

So, I am wondering, what is the correct and easy approach to managing different
user settings (user defaults)?

Note that my app is sandboxed, so the user defaults must go in
  ~/Library/Containers/de.zach.MyApp/Data/Library/Preferences/
, must they not?

I looked at -initWithSuiteName , but it seems to me that is not they proper
approach, is it?

Thanks a lot in advance for all kinds of insights and help!

Best regards, Gabriel