You could also use /usr/bin/open -- then you wouldn't have to know where safari lives.

execl("/usr/bin/open", "/usr/bin/open", "-a", "Safari", 0);

On Jul 1, 2008, at 11:19 , Kristopher Matthews wrote:

Try executing "/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari".

/Applications/Safari.app identifies a bundle, not the actual application (and execv() is not aware of bundles).

--Kris